The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webxfx

Reaction score
Just planing my project - and I'm sure this has been ask but not sure how to search for it, looking at a C3500 with a 4/6 static drop (think the DJM kit) and some day put semi rims one (thinking shaved 22.5")

Will this rub? will I have to do more work to make this fit? Also any issues with getting rims shaved? or should I look for a real set of 22"

Do c3500 have sway bars? what are some good upgrades? any other thinkings I should be buying too? (maybe helper bags...)

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a nice and clean "bottom" haha^^^^. Well I'm done with my flip kit , so far so good. Got another question - planning on getting some Belltech spindles ( I think 2400 is a part #). Read a lot about it how they push the wheels out - are those .5 inches really that noticeable? I'm just having hard time picturing it in my head. The reason I want Belltech because that's the only thing Amazon carries ( I deal with them because they sorta local). Just having some difficulties picturing it. Thanks in advance fellas.

I bought my DJM drop spindles and all my MOOG steering parts from AMAZON not too long ago.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have the wheel's milled down and run 265/35/22 on them you will be fine, they are 29.3 in. tall.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the wheel's milled down and run 265/35/22 on them you will be fine, they are 29.3 in. tall.

I thought I read somewhere that you had to narrow the rear end to put semi wheels under the dually fenders because of the width.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you had to narrow the rear end to put semi wheels under the dually fenders because of the width.

For most you have to narrow the rear or widen the fenders to tuck them. Tennessee Wheel and Tire has semis with a different offset for the rear that will tuck with stock inner wheels without having to mod the truck.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I was only talking about tire size clearance, the easiest thing you could do is swap in a cab and chassis rear end that is already more narrow.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For most you have to narrow the rear or widen the fenders to tuck them. Tennessee Wheel and Tire has semis with a different offset for the rear that will tuck with stock inner wheels without having to mod the truck.

Not taking anything away from TW&T, but the part about using shaved down semi wheels that appeals to me is all that wheel lip and the deep dish. Sort of like the pro-truck look of the late 80s, early 90s with putting the Mickey Thompson 15X14 wheels on the back and tucking them.