The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex

Reaction score
Almost done with my 4/6 & need new shocks. Can I go through someone like Advance auto Parts or similar to get my shocks, will the new shocks with factory specs fit? I know they sell some KYB shocks & I like them since I had them on one of my cars, the question is will the new factory spec shocks be any good, or I need different length etc....

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ALWAYS use KYB Gas-A-Just shocks on my trucks, but I had to go thru the catalog and find shocks with the same ends on them but a couple inches shorter. (I hate shock extenders too)

raspyvette

Reaction score
Ok i did the 4" front and 6" rear bought 275/40/20's Boss 338 8.5" rims and tires. Will i have to run with a mod front fender and inner fender? I know i will have to roll the lip but right now i have the front clip off the truck. Any info would be great. Thanks again for the great help here.

red_barron

Reaction score
Thats a tall tire for a 4/6. Youll deff have to roll the fenders and more than likely remove or mod your inners. I have 27" tires and sit pretty even with the fender lip, yours are 29". My rear tires are 29.5" and would never fit up front at this hight.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i did the 4" front and 6" rear bought 275/40/20's Boss 338 8.5" rims and tires. Will i have to run with a mod front fender and inner fender? I know i will have to roll the lip but right now i have the front clip off the truck. Any info would be great. Thanks again for the great help here.

It all depends on the rim offset. Without that we cant tell you. But that is a pretty tall and wide tire for that much drop.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's the same size drop and tire size that we have on our DD on some Boss 304's we don't have any problem's, but you will want all your fender lip's rolled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975