The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
quick question. i'm gonna crank my tbars about 1.5" and put a 2" block in the back. i have been lookin and cant seem to find longer shocks . or would just the factory length ones work?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
quick question. i'm gonna crank my tbars about 1.5" and put a 2" block in the back. i have been lookin and cant seem to find longer shocks . or would just the factory length ones work?

With a 2" rear block you will top out stock length shocks, I ran 4-6" lift rear shocks on my truck with a 2" block, for some reason even the 2" lift ones were to short. Up front the stockers will be close, I needed longer ones with my crank. I ran just the cheapo superlift shocks, no problem getting them in 2" longer. Are the 2500 series the same shocks as a 1/2ton?

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok thanks, yea i am not sure if the 2500s are the same as 1500...i know you can get heavy duty shocks for both, but i do not tow that often and would like to maintain a decent ride. i would like to get some pretty good quality ones like bilsteins or edelbrock ias

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
Has anyone here with a 6" RcX remove their stab. bar? My wheels seem to rub the egde of it at full steer lock to the right. But just misses the left by 1/4".

Cheers

rccoco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi im new here and was just wondering if I put 3" blocks on the rear of my 96 suburban, will i need to extend my drive shaft or buy a longer drive shaft? Im new to lifting trucks. Thanks in advance.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi im new here and was just wondering if I put 3" blocks on the rear of my 96 suburban, will i need to extend my drive shaft or buy a longer drive shaft? Im new to lifting trucks. Thanks in advance.

No need to extend the rear driveshaft with only 3" lift. I wouldnt recomend trying to crank to level your front end though with the 3" block.

Reaction score
Managed to finally buy a Suburban:) 6,5 TD, 8 lugs. But I can not find a lift kit suspension on him. I would like to get 6-7 inches. Anyone can tell who is doing such kits?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Superlift has a kit that'll work for it. I'm sure there are others I just can't think of them right now.

Reaction score
gonna throw in some 3" rear blocks. will I need extended brake lines? and if so, anyone know where I can order them online? Thanks in advance.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No need for longer brake lines in the rear with a 3" block, still running stock with my 5". Your front end will hate life if you try to crank tthat much though