The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttemple

Reaction score
How much where they I've been seeing mostly like 200$ for all four. Also where'd u get them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry

Reaction score
More details on the 8.1L conversion? Still have the EFI?

Ah yeah, definitely kept the EFI. I did the 8.1L install in 2008 and have about 25,000 miles on it since then. Pictures here. I’m collecting parts now to do an 8.1L swap in my Suburban too.

You must be registered for see images

My Burb…’89 V2500, TBI 5.7L & NV4500 5 speed

I did a NV4500 swap into this one last December

always loved your trucks use to check them out on 67-72chevytrucks all the time

Thanks man! :waytogo:

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah yeah, definitely kept the EFI. I did the 8.1L install in 2008 and have about 25,000 miles on it since then. Pictures here. I’m collecting parts now to do an 8.1L swap in my Suburban too.

My Burb…’89 V2500, TBI 5.7L & NV4500 5 speed

I did a NV4500 swap into this one last December

Thanks man! :waytogo:

Awesome. I'm considering doing an 8.1L/Allison in my K2500. I can't really justify a Cummins or DMAX swap (only tow with it once/twice a year and have a 6.7L Power Stroke Ford available to me at anytime I need it), and everyone that I know with an 8.1L truck has been very happy with towing ability. My truck is currently a 4L80e and want to keep the automatic in it (so wife can still drive it - it is a 'spare' vehicle in our household).

Do you have a thread somewhere about the swap or just pictures?

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Temple those wheels take a shank lug nut! And I would think that the shanks will work with a spacer. Good luck live the wheels BTW

Crewcab Steve

Larry

Reaction score
Awesome. I'm considering doing an 8.1L/Allison in my K2500. I can't really justify a Cummins or DMAX swap (only tow with it once/twice a year and have a 6.7L Power Stroke Ford available to me at anytime I need it), and everyone that I know with an 8.1L truck has been very happy with towing ability. My truck is currently a 4L80e and want to keep the automatic in it (so wife can still drive it - it is a 'spare' vehicle in our household).

Do you have a thread somewhere about the swap or just pictures?

Thanks!

I don’t really have a build thread as the truck has been an ongoing project for the past 18 years. There are a few project threads on it though.

Here is an old thread right after I did the swap.

Another when I changed the ECM and wiring harness (the first year I ran it on a Ramjet/Marine MEFI-4 ECM then changed it to a production vehicle P57 ECM with MAF. The only thing I’ve done since then is redo the air induction pipe.

NV4500 swap