The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Steerin shaft and e brake cable need to be adjusted or extended alomg with filler neck other than that everything else should have enough play and 88-94 need the shift linkage extended

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
How would I extend the e brake and filler? I know how to do the shaft I say a guide on another section of the forums

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It should come with a rubber hose and clamps to extend the filler neck. The E brake cable most of the time just needs to be adjusted.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
i assume that the filler and e brake adjust is rather easy? or do i need to look up and make sure i know exactly what im doin first? i mean i kinda have thought of what to do for it

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
You cut the filler neck hose, slide the pipe extender in the hose and space it out, then put 2 clamps on it, DONE.

All of this is explained in detail in the Tutorial: 3" Body Lift thread I made, which is stickied.

The parking brake (NOT emergency brake) is extended by going to the left side of the frame rail on the outside and adjusting the tension of the cable down, so when its loosened and you lift the truck it pulls taunt.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Should I get rid of my 2" block in the back when I get my bl? Or should I leave and crank some. Cause I wanna fit 35's I just don't wanna have to do any trimming. I might just ***** 33's. What's y'all thoughts?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
id leave the block and crank with the body lift...alot member on here have dun it and ran 35s.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
i'd keep it and run some smaller 35s like KM2s......if you're getting new tires look at the actual size as they run different

SD95turbo

Reaction score
So how long does it take to do a BL on an ecsb barring there is no huge snafoos