The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no there isnt a plastic hose inside the filler, its jsut some rubber line

and yes the radiator moves up along with the fan shroud, but when the bottom part comes up with it, it gets in the way of the fan, so the spacer bolts separate the 2 pieces apart so they dont come in contact with the fan
This is good info, thank you!

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck, will really look good with the body lift. That Performance Accessory kit is one of the best and most poppular ones.

EDIT: Since replied to this thread might as well add a pic of my truck with a 1.5" body lift. I cut down 3" blocks, cut and re-welded the 3" front bumper brackets, flipped tow hooks and made gap gaurds.
You must be registered for see images attach
Nice ride!

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess i can contribute to this threadd now. it took me about 8 hours to do my whole truck. the only problem i ran into was the fan shroud, i trimed it up about 3 inchs to make it fit right and then bolted it down.. pa didnt send me my rear bumper bracket and they claim i didnt buy it with the set.. but i bought the set with the bracket? m buddy is giving me his gap gaurds for 20 dollars=] but i do need to redo my frame again... ramhill u have any pics of ur frame with the hurculiner on it? and i still need to put my valence back on this weekend

Damn your truck is sick!

Banditz71

Reaction score
A little bad news for ya. The fan shroud spacer isn't going to help keep your truck cooler. I found this out last year too, after I installed my 3" BL. I ended up buying a new radiator, fan, fan clutch, tried 2 or 3 different thermostats, and driving down the road it stayed cool, but as soon as I went offroad, it would start running hot. The problem is, when you lifted the body, the radiator went with it. Now your stock fan is still in the original location, making it to where it only blows on the lower half of your radiator. Time for some e-fans.

The fan is drawing/sucking air thru the radiator, not blowing "on" it.......... ;)

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After seeing these trucks I’m wanting a 3” body lift now…
Has anyone had issues with underhood work being more difficult after the BL? Since the engine basically got sucked in there 2-3 in deeper?
Also is there anything that is easier to access/replace after the BL?

Banditz71

Reaction score
After seeing these trucks I’m wanting a 3” body lift now…
Has anyone had issues with underhood work being more difficult after the BL? Since the engine basically got sucked in there 2-3 in deeper?
Also is there anything that is easier to access/replace after the BL?

I have a 1995 ... had the lift put on in 1997. The only issue is the engine cooling seems to be a bit lessened .... fan not lined up and shroud split. Other than that, no problems .... 439k miles on it now.