The '89/'92 Chevy/GMC Build up AKA lil' Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the progress from this week, this is going to be the last big push this fall. I will do more on the weekends, but school will keep me form doing much until winter or else next summer.

When I got back Wednesday I finished reassembling the column and cleaning it.
You must be registered for see images attach

In the evening dad and I moved the box over. The couple of things that were left to do with it off can be done from underneath so we just moved it.

Thursday I got the interior finished up. I had to cut the hole for the floor shifter and while doing it fix some surface rust on the floor pan. I got it installed and cut the hole in the carpet. I got the shifter cover mounts all installed and reinstalled the seat.

The couple of tan interior parts I have started painting, but ran out of paint so I will have to pick some more up.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small update.

I picked the wheels and tires up earlier this month. I am not sure if I will keep them or not, I am not sure that they really fit what I'm making this truck into, but we will see when I am done.

I was also able to paint the couple interior parts that needed to be done. Now I am just waiting for a weekend where we can get the motor out of the truck and possibly start doing the box sides or the other body work. Other then that nothing else has happened as far as progress.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally answered the engine question this morning. Found a brand new 350 still in the crate for a deal I couldn't pass up. Cheaper then fixing the old one, and about the same "cost" as putting a LS in it. I am very happy with it, just have to get it home and wait for the snow to melt so we can get the truck in and pull the motor out and transplant the new one. I'll get some pictures of it once I get it home.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a new tailgate yesterday to replace the dented up one that came with the '92. Dad and I talked about fixing the old one, but decided it was going to be more difficult to fix it and make it look as nice as a good used one, and for $150 how could I go wrong.

It's a little dirty in the pictures.

Last edited:

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dad and I worked on getting the engine running and the box sides replaced over the weekend.

Sorry about some of the poor quality pictures took them with my phone as we were working.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some small updates.

I was able to pick up the dust shields for the bottom of the bedsides. Found a set at a wrecker.

Also got the exhaust completed. Have a little teaser pic as it has been raining heavily for the last few days so I haven't had a chance to get anything better.