TH350C tranny ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silsbeeman

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get rid of the 5 speed in my truck and go to an automatic tranny. Found someone who has an TH350C tranny. I'm not a transmission god so would it be a good deal? Its a 3 spd with no O/D from my understanding.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If youre gonna get a tranny for something you want to use as a daily driver or if it sees hwy at all, find an O/D tranny. You dont like the 5 spd, Id love to get one for my little beater.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have been wanting to get rid of the 5 speed in my truck and go to an automatic tranny. Found someone who has an TH350C tranny. I'm not a transmission god so would it be a good deal? Its a 3 spd with no O/D from my understanding.

dont get a TH350C, that trans has a lockup converter and will be a ***** to get working.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why would it be a pain to get working? you can buy the lockup kits and make it work or DIY it.

I hear they are weaker then reg. th350. You gotta make sure you get a torque converter with it, or buy a 350c converter which is lockup, that saves you some gas.

driveshaft mods may be in order, to make it work, you'd need an auto coumn and linkage or a floor shifter and cut/drill holes to make it work.

You need an external trans cooler, biggest gvw rating you can get since it's stand alone, OR swap to an auto radiator with built in cooler.

You will also need to tap into a vac. source for the modulator. I tapped into my power brake booster rubber line to run a th350 in my 88 4x4.