Testing electrical no engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ds454ss

Reaction score
I bought a 1990 454ss with no engine or transmission. I wanted to hook a battery up to it to see if the lights work and such. I grounded the battery and hooked the positive up to what I believe would go onto the alternator. I did this and the headlights came on along with running lights but no break lights or blinkers. I went to the fuse box and all the fuses were good. I took some fuses out and tested voltage, some read 12.7 volts but a lot of them had 0. I also jumpered some of the live terminals in the fuse box to the dead ones most did nothing but one I jumpered, turned on the fan for the air/heat. When i removed the jumper along with no fuse the fan stayed on and read like 7 volts. My question is am I testing this properly with the battery setup?(I know jumping fuse terminals isn't proper) this was all done with the ignition on. The one picture shows where I had power to (circled in red) the other picture shows my battery setup.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach