Testing a new fuel additive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I think this stuff is definatly working on getting rid of sludge in the tank. got off the freeway and stopped at a store. got in and started right up and all of the sudden started starving for fuel do I think my fuel filter is getting clogged. on the site it says that u might have to change the filter a few times,so I'm hoping its just the filter.

definitely change the filter ASAP. filters are cheap and easy to change...I'd hate to see the clogged filter burn up your pump. if they recommend changing the filter a few times I'd probably just plan on doing that regardless of if the truck feels like it needs the filter changed. by the time you feel a difference from the fuel filter getting clogged, it's already been straining the pump for a while.

it sounds like the additive is doing something positive though. keep posting up your results!

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I changed the fuel filter today. it definatly was the problem. it only took a quick second to start up. wow what a difference nailed the gas not only did I leave 2 10 foot long marks behind the truck but it did not want to stop going. speedo was maxed and it wouldn't stop

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just picked up some from wally world....I read on the website for a while and debated haha...so we will see how it goes.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm interested in your results, but you shouldn't have pinging at all, even on E10, this is likely an indication that there is more issues than meets the eye.

Agreed! Pull the distributor, & check the teeth on it. If they are sharp as a razor, the teeth are worn out, & there is play between the cam position, & the rotor position, causing the pinging.