Testing a new fuel additive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've been hearing about this new product out on the market from a few friends of mine. Its called Startron. from what the site says its suppose allow a better burn of E10 fuels,get rid of carbon blah blah. As many of you know our trucks were not designed to run on E10 but a lot of us have no choice its all we have. A buddy of mine swears by it so he gave 2 bottles,1 bottle for initial start and then adding some every fill up. usually I'm not a believer in miracle in a bottle gimmicks but hey it was free. a little history my truck is a 90 sport 2 wd 350 with 130k on the oddometer. average MPG is right around 13-14 mixed driving. its got pinging issues but who doesn't. filled up 2 nights ago. so far I've noticed it idles a little smoother and the ping has slightly gone away. the site says it usually takes 3-4 tanks for full benefits. I've read the reviews and all were great,even called a local boat shop that my friend uses and this Guy swears this stuff is the best. So I'll be giving updates on this product as time goes on good or bad, if this stuff does what it says I'll be buying in bulk.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
right now only a few places carry it autozone and ugh Walmart. 8.99 for 8 oz. if u have a standard 26 gallon tank it'll take roughly 10 oz for the first dosage. then 1oz for every 6 gallons after that. There is even a diesel version of this stuff.if u want to know more about it go to startron.com. I spent a good 2 hours on this site before I put this stuff in my tank

Thechevy

Banned
Reaction score
I've also heard about this stuff. The people I know use an injector cleaner, before using this as well. But, it does seem to work overall.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well first tank ran and though not huge results but deffinatly and improvement. got right at 13.75 MPG with quite a few full throttle runs. throttle response seems a little better at highway speeds and unless I really get on it the pinging is hardly noticeable

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pinging is hardly noticeable

I'm interested in your results, but you shouldn't have pinging at all, even on E10, this is likely an indication that there is more issues than meets the eye.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I think this stuff is definatly working on getting rid of sludge in the tank. got off the freeway and stopped at a store. got in and started right up and all of the sudden started starving for fuel do I think my fuel filter is getting clogged. on the site it says that u might have to change the filter a few times,so I'm hoping its just the filter.