Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I was looking at that rear a/c switch try to figure out were it came from.

Did it come from an astro van? I've never seen those switches in a gmt400. Tahoes and subs never got rear heat either IIRC.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a JY run today. Snagged 5 cargo switches and manged to find a pigtail for a vertical fog light in a denali.

stop teasing me. :lol: how much did pulling all those cost ya? Trying to figure what the line between fair and getting screwed is for my fearful encounter with our town's only junkyard. cause if they have plenty of gmt400's with cargo switches, I'm gonna pull as many as I can.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
stop teasing me. :lol: how much did pulling all those cost ya? Trying to figure what the line between fair and getting screwed is for my fearful encounter with our town's only junkyard. cause if they have plenty of gmt400's with cargo switches, I'm gonna pull as many as I can.

For some reason I thought these were fog light switches at first :shrug:. My mind is playing tricks on me I want the fog light switch so bad :lol:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score

The LKQ (nationwide corporate run yards) near me charged $5 a piece for switches. Jewed me out of $25... Family run yards in my experience tend to be cheaper or give discounts on bulk items. You can always try to bargain with them. That's what the mexicans and blacks do every time. :lol:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The LKQ (nationwide corporate run yards) near me charged $5 a piece for switches. Jewed me out of $25... Family run yards in my experience tend to be cheaper or give discounts on bulk items. You can always try to bargain with them. That's what the mexicans and blacks do every time. :lol:

That post threw my judgement of character for a loop. I like you... more now. :lol: I figured comments like that would make more enemies than friends on here. However, you just made the latter.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
LKQ yards work off a straight price sheet. No deals, no bargains or bulk discount. Sucks sometimes. BUT......I did pick up a dual compass/temp mirror for $7.45 because it falls under the "rear view mirror" pricing! Would have paid $40-$65 between this site , FSC and Ebay. Sometimes the pricing works for you :evillol:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
For some reason I thought these were fog light switches at first :shrug:. My mind is playing tricks on me I want the fog light switch so bad :lol:
Does it make you feel any better hearing that when I grabbed the fog light pigtail half the switch was still on it? The guy that pulled the dash apart broke the fog switch in the process. :lol:

:(

That post threw my judgement of character for a loop. I like you... more now. :lol: I figured comments like that would make more enemies than friends on here. However, you just made the latter.

There are stereotypes for a reason and being politically correct is just government brainwashing white people into being passive. Don't drink the Kool-Aid!:hidesbehindsofa:

LKQ yards work off a straight price sheet. No deals, no bargains or bulk discount. Sucks sometimes. BUT......I did pick up a dual compass/temp mirror for $7.45 because it falls under the "rear view mirror" pricing! Would have paid $40-$65 between this site , FSC and Ebay. Sometimes the pricing works for you :evillol:
Yup, can be a good thing sometimes. That's where a local yard will get you. They usually know what items are worth more and charge a little extra because they know you want it. The price sheet sucks though because they nickel and dime you for everything. Walk in to get a "$150 rear axle" and walk out with a $150 rear axle, $50 axle shafts, $20 pinion, $30 brake drums, $ 5 brake pads, $5 lug nuts, $30 e brake, $5 brake lines, $15 driveshaft yoke, $30 carrier, $10 diff cover, $25 gears, $20 bearings, etc. I hate LKQ. :lol:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Does it make you feel any better hearing that when I grabbed the fog light pigtail half the switch was still on it? The guy that pulled the dash apart broke the fog switch in the process. :lol:

MAKES ME WANT TO :puke:

Yup, can be a good thing sometimes. That's where a local yard will get you. They usually know what items are worth more and charge a little extra because they know you want it. The price sheet sucks though because they nickel and dime you for everything. Walk in to get a "$150 rear axle" and walk out with a $150 rear axle, $50 axle shafts, $20 pinion, $30 brake drums, $ 5 brake pads, $5 lug nuts, $30 e brake, $5 brake lines, $15 driveshaft yoke, $30 carrier, $10 diff cover, $25 gears, $20 bearings, etc. I hate LKQ. :lol:

:lol:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I was looking at that rear a/c switch try to figure out were it came from.

Did it come from an astro van? I've never seen those switches in a gmt400. Tahoes and subs never got rear heat either IIRC.

They did use the the rear heat and A/C switches in Astro/Safari and Express/Savana vans. But these were used in GMT400 suburbans as well. If you think about it, almost all suburbans had rear heat, but the controls were all roof console mounted. These roller switches were only used in the basest of base models. I've seen them, but really, really uncommon.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread but since we are on the topic of switches. My cargo light switch is acting funny, the rear lights have never turned on when i hit the switch, but the dash lights dim... I don't get it.