TBI mods believer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally found the time and I completed the ultimate tbi mods(stage one) last night and I am a believer. After polishing the throttle body up and slapping her back together(plus new gaskets all around) I put on the open element K and N and went for a little ought cruise. Nothing like slappin gears on a back road with a 350, I saw a pretty decent improvement in throttle response and off the line power. Now my question is; should I complete stage 2 or would that lower my fuel economy?

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've never heard of stages to the Ultimate TBI mods. What are you referring to as 'Stage 2'?

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On thirdgen's website there is a stage 2 involving the fuel pressure screw.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assumed it would be a bit sticky without absolutely knowing what you're doing so I believe I'll stick with stock pressure

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For take apart, actual work and gasket replacement, then putting everything back on it was about 3 hours but it could have been done quicker I just always take my time

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i did mine, shaved erbored, made new throttle blades. on my old 383 i had a tpi pump with a pressure regulator and the stock pressure bumped up a tad. reating the whole thing apart with new gaskets and everything is a great upgrade in itself.