TBI INJECTORS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok guess ill throw the old ones back on. So much for trusting people. Bought a TBI(lips shaved) off offer up was supposed to be ready to go just swap the 18lb spring for the 14lb spring.

Do you think maybe they are just stuck open? Maybe I could free them with a 9volt?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooh that reminds me I have 3 TBIs I want to sell

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a TBI(lips shaved) off offer up was supposed to be ready to go just swap the 18lb spring for the 14lb spring.

Do you think maybe they are just stuck open? Maybe I could free them with a 9volt?
Do you have a way to tune it after you put in the 18lb spring? It'll throw your VEs and AFR all out of whack if you don't.

You can try tapping the injectors (I wouldn't throw any weird voltage at them) or just swap them for your old ones.

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a way to tune it after you put in the 18lb spring? It'll throw your VEs and AFR all out of whack if you don't.
I put the 14lb spring in it took the 18lb out.
You can try tapping the injectors (I wouldn't throw any weird voltage at them) or just swap them for your old ones
I'm just going to put the old ones in. I have that feeling they would freeze back in the open position.

Put the whole house in a bind this morning. Truck is my daily driver. So I had to take a vehicle from family so I wouldn't lose my holiday pay for yesterday.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fixed. Injectors on TBI looked different as in bigger. Also a cracked spark plug didn't help.
For a normal TBI there is only one size of injector. The flow ratings vary but the injectors are all the same externally. The only different ones I have seen came in some of the fullsize cutaway vans and big 2 ton trucks.

Zooker

Reaction score
Seems like if my truck sits for very long injectors/idle/stalling happens. A can of seafoam and a few miles driving all back to normal.

Casey Price

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally fixed 100%. The rubber O-ring that sits under the injector before he plastic filter kept getting cut. Guess I was over tightening it.
Also put the 11lb spring in it. So if anyone wants a 14lb or 18lb spring message me.