TBI head questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want more power out of my TBI 350, big suprise I know lol. How much will the heads flow if I port them, both remove the swirl in the runner and gasket match? Also is there enough meat to remove swirl?

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could just do a light port job, you don't want to eliminate too much of the swirl or you will destroy torque numbers. To sum it up=buy vortec s. you can get a set for under 400 fairly easily

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could just do a light port job, you don't want to eliminate too much of the swirl or you will destroy torque numbers. To sum it up=buy vortec s. you can get a set for under 400 fairly easily

I have set in my garage but would like to keep the EGR and not run an external EGR and the intake options are alot cheaper.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Why dont you just buy an intake that you could put your TBI on it... your saving money because your not spending money on Vortec heads. So that money can go towards an intake! And their not all that expensive either. The stock heads are crap, and even if you port and polish them, their isnt much gain in HP/torque. My understanding, its not even worth your time!

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not looking to build a ton of power I want more torque, I also wonder with a port/polish job, edlebrock TBI intake, ultimate TBI mods, a Lunati 213/219 duration @ .050 447/471 with a 112 LSA roller lifter and roller rockers and my dual exhaust I plan how torquey that would be

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not looking to build a ton of power I want more torque, I also wonder with a port/polish job, edlebrock TBI intake, ultimate TBI mods, a Lunati 213/219 duration @ .050 447/471 with a 112 LSA roller lifter and roller rockers and my dual exhaust I plan how torquey that would be

You will lose torque with a dual set-up unless you run long tube headers with a balance tube just after the collectors. You would need to keep the exhaust pipe diameter 2.25". As for the heads, don't waste time on the swirl ports. Get some vortecs. What rear-end ratio are you running?

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dual exhaust will be headers to dual 2.5" with hpipeas close to collectors as possible. I have Vortecs but I want to keep EGR and would prefer to not have an external EGR tube. Does anyone know of decent aftermarket heads with heat crossovers