tail light/mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM6693

Reaction score
Looking to do a few upgrades to my 93 and had some questions. Im having the problem that everytime it snows and snow gets kicked up from the tires my right circuit board (tail light) is failing..Im wondering if any of the aftermarket lens assemblies or even the led setups have a better design to prevent this or if they are exactly the same and I just need to keep buying circuit boards.

Also wanting to upgrade to the newer silverado HD mirrors..I heard they now make ones for obs without modifying anything and should be able to find them on ebay. Searched ebay but cant find anything mentioning fitting obs or any that say they are compatible. Anyone know where I can find these?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
silicone the circuit boards otherwise i know a member no here and fsc used a different gm curcuit board and made an adapter for them and they work great for him.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
The mirrors on ebay are plug and play. At least the one I got are. If you can un bolt the old one you can install the new ones.
You must be registered for see images attach

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=281008675229&index=19&nav=SEARCH&nid=93685602691

Crewcab Steve.

GM6693

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast replies guys. Cant wait to get those mirrors on. As for the tail lights I'll try circuit boards/silicone again just never seems to last. Can anyone confirm the aftermarket ones as being the same design and therefore the same flaws?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The only aftermarket tails that don't use the OEM circuit boards are the LED ones. I don't own them so I don't know how they hold up.

I'm the guy who got tired of failing tailights. I cut the OEM plug off and wired in 3 of the GMT800+ style individual sockets. They just set in the holes and the foam gaskets seal them, and i retained them with the 2 factory screws, an added screw and some plumbers tape.