Tail Light and Turn signal problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle8595

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger rear brake light and turn signal work fine while my parking and driving lights are off but when I switch them on the passenger rear brake and turn signal light do not work ... What could be causing this ? I've replaced the bulbs .

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Easy stuff first; check fuses.

Then check wiring. Pay particular attention to the plug at the rear for the lights (not at the housings but under the bed). This is a common culprit for lots of odd problems. Look for bare wires, although they usually pop fuses.

If it's got a trailer plug wired in pay close attention to that also....

kyle8595

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy stuff first; check fuses.

Then check wiring. Pay particular attention to the plug at the rear for the lights (not at the housings but under the bed). This is a common culprit for lots of odd problems. Look for bare wires, although they usually pop fuses.

Thanks man , I'll go check my fuses now.

kyle8595

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does have a trailer plug but nothing's connected to it and I also have a green wire hanging out from under my dash , not sure where it goes , and an on and off switch

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I just replace 'em. Not an electrician. The boards aren't real cheap, but, for me, cheap enough to justify not messin' with the old ones.

kyle8595

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
$20 each ? Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing on autozone.com . I'll go buy a passenger one tomorrow and see if it fixes it .

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
1991.......straight bulbs, no boards.

*edit*

Hold on a tick, just saw the pic of your truck. It has composite headlights so it should have boards. If you had the 4 individuals it would be straight bulbs.

Last edited: