Tahoe Sport accent color on grille, flares, etc.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the gray color that was used for the Tahoe Sports? I believe it’s Dark Argent.

The bumpers, grille, flares, and rocker panels, were painted the same color.

Kinda curious about two things, did all color Tahoe/Blazer Sports use the same accent color for those pieces?
&
What was the exact color and finish? Looked more matte than gloss.

I know the Sport decals were different colors depending on the base color. Black Sports used a silver decal, white used gray.

The accent color also appeared darker on red and white models, but that could just be the contrast against the lighter main color.

I’m repainting my black one & kinda thinking about going a a shade darker than the OG accent color, it looked lighter, against black, I think a shade darker would look better.

Appreciate any help and info.

I have searched and seen both Anthracite gray & Dark Argent Gray mentioned, just wanna make sure I have the right info.

If any paint guys see this, anyone have a suggestion for a slightly darker accent color?

Thank you!

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the code for what I used on my 98 Sport, it was a perfect match. To me, a matte finish looks better but I’ve seen some that look to have a high gloss clear on them.

The label in the glovebox should have the color code as well (upper and lower color codes, last row of label).

You must be registered for see images attach

For a 1996 from this site:

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

Last edited:

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the code for what I used on my 98 Sport, it was a perfect match. To me, a matte finish looks better but I’ve seen some that look to have a high gloss clear on them.

The label in the glovebox should have the color code as well (upper and lower color codes, last row of label).

For a 1996 from this site:

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

This is awesome!

I agree, the matte finish looks better to me.

Torn on an exact match or just a shade darker.