Tach stepper motor replacement info needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Apologies for the slow progress report.
Had to start packing stuff for my impending move. Have boxes everywhere. Still have all this out on one of my benches, though. I'll try to get an hour or so tonight to try it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wow! This took awhile to get back to!
Still living outa boxes & bags but I took time to work on this.
Swapped the faces on the pods. First test, tach works properly!
Reprogrammed the computer. Cleared it first of previous settings, then disconnected the battery for a couple of hours. I don't know why, but it seemed like a good idea.
Then I reset the computer & took it for a burn about a half mile in either direction on the road in front of the house.
Man, I love livin' in the country! No plates! No worries!
As far as I can tell, all the other gauges work. No bouncy fuel needle. Speedo works, but haven't check it against GPS yet.
Should have the truck legally back on the road in a couple of weeks, so if I have any probs, long term, I'll post 'em up.
Looks like other guys with the baby motors may be able to run an Esky cluster now!

Thanks to everyone for their input!
Even though a lot of it was Greek to me! Just something I've never spent alot of time on.

Last edited: