Tach installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to install this 4-wire lead into my ignition coil on a 5.7L 350? I think i've got a pretty good idea, but I need to make sure before I go splicing into ignition wires. It's on a 92 k1500

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to install this 4-wire lead into my ignition coil on a 5.7L 350? I think i've got a pretty good idea, but I need to make sure before I go splicing into ignition wires. It's on a 92 k1500
You won't install "4-wires" to the coil. Two maybe, one for sure.

Almost certainly:
One wire is "12-volt" power switched with ignition--no power in "accessory" or "off", powered in "run" and "crank". Could go to coil, but I'd connect at the fusebox.
One wire is variable power from dash lights so light in tach can be dimmed with headlight switch
One wire is ground
One wire goes to loose black connector on white wire near coil.

All you have to do is get an instruction sheet to tell which wire is which.
WILD GUESS: Red is power, black is ground, green goes to coil, tan goes to dash lights.

Dennis Wilkie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, I kind of figured. I was just unsure which one went to my tach wire, but I found what I needed