Switch Panel/Push Button Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I want to put a switch panel in my 97 Tahoe. I don't currently have any Fog Lights or Interior LED Strips but I will soon. I would like to replace the Headlight Switch (Left of Steering Wheel) with an On/Off Flicker Switch in the CD Drive area. I'm replacing the Stereo so I'll have that open space where the stock CD Drive is. I want to put a 6 Switch Panel with a dimness dial in that area. 1 for Low Beams; 1 for High Beams; 1 for Fog Lights; 1 for Interior LED Strips; 1 for the Dash Lights; and 1 for the Interior Overhead lights. The dial to control dimness of Dash Lights. Is this possible? My dad is a career Electrician and my Uncle is a career mechanic. I just want to know if this is even possible? Also, I would like to have a push button start in it, anyone know about how much that will cost? Please and Thanks -Jesse

ThatDrummerGuy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking that's where it would go. That's also where I'm going to put the horn button too. (Train Horn) :D

WheelsCamaro

Reaction score
I would think it would just be a matter of finding the wires or hook ups to the switches and moving them. If it were me, I would just take apart the dash and see how they work and use that to make the switch board.