Swapping 4L60E to a 4L80E HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ok so my 60e just blew up on me. I have been reading all the threads on the forum about the swap but they are all old. Has anyone recently done this swap? What are all the parts I would be looking at? The situation I am currently in is that I can have my 60e completly rebuilt for about $1200 or I can go to the U Pull and get one for about $150 or a little less and run that till it blows however long that might last. So I figure that if I can do this swap for somewhere in the middle it would be worth it in the long run as I have heard the difference in life between the two is night and day. I would be pulling every part that I could from the junkyard. I understand that I need to shorten my rear drive shaft and have my PCM re tuned for the 80e but what else is needed? Are there any downfalls to the swap? Thanks in advance!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I would say pull all the related parts from the donor 80 truck so you have the proper shafts and save money on shortening your existing ones, and use said saved coin towards rebuilding the 80 shafts. Like i said on fb get a junkyard 60 and run that for awhile till you gather all the needed parts for the 80 swap.