Swap or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up an 05 Z71 with a GT5 and G80 setup. Would it be possible to swap the rear sections into my Gt4 open rear electric shift front end 97.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just picked up an 05 Z71 with a GT5 and G80 setup. Would it be possible to swap the rear sections into my Gt4 open rear electric shift front end 97.
I tried to search to no avail, thanks for your thoughts.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As my tuck sits its has an open rear with a 373 final drive gear ratio. The donor has a 410 set. So regearing both ends is necessary.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to search to no avail, thanks for your thoughts.
1997 k1500, electric **** transfer case which I wouldn't think matters. Can I swap ring gears and pinions along with both carriers?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you asking if the rear axles (from the 05) will swap into the front axle of your 97?

I don't know the answer, but I thought the WMS of the GMT 800 axles was like an inch wider than the GMT 400 axles (comparing rear axle to rear axle.)

The IFS axles are very different from the rear axles. Maybe I'm not getting your question?

Edit: I "think" you are asking swapping the rear axle of the NBS to OBS?

Last edited:

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you asking if the rear axles (from the 05) will swap into the front axle of your 97?

I don't know the answer, but I thought the WMS of the GMT 800 axles was like an inch wider than the GMT 400 axles (comparing rear axle to rear axle.)

The IFS axles are very different from the rear axles. Maybe I'm not getting your question?

Edit: I "think" you are asking swapping the rear axle of the NBS to OBS?
Ah no. Swapping the contents of the pumpkins .