Swap "Moonies" for later year "Sweep" style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't like my "moonie" style gauges and have a chance to pick up a 93 set with "sweep" style gauges, does anyone know if they can be swapped straight out, meaning the large connector plug on the rear ???
Thanks
Bobby V

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
My buddy just picked up a new dash for his truck. His truck is sweep style cluster and the dash was a moonie style cluster. IIRC, the connector in the rear was entirely different. Would be a perfect chance to run a classic dash set of gauges.

You must be registered for see images attach

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i hear ya, i dont want to do that but i sure dont like the moonies. I want the Dakota Digital ( sweep) cluster but lotta $$$$$$$$.
I was hoping ir would connect up, i would save the OEM set for future
thanks

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the posts I have seen here I think it depends on the year of the sweep cluster. I haven’t messed with it because I’m one of the strange ones that actually like my moonie gauges lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
really, oh well huh. my temp/oil pressure side are not working at present for some reason, havent since I bought the truck a year ago. It has a Glow Shift 3 pod A pillar set up as for now to tell me whats up. Maybe I should get them working and shine it on

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh come on man! You know you want the DD gauges! Cough up squeak and get er done, LOL!

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh come on man! You know you want the DD gauges! Cough up squeak and get er done, LOL!

They are indeed "cool" looking, at nite especially!! But then old farts like us don't drive much at nite do we, guess I could just sit in the truck and watch the blinkers on nights I cant sleep, which is about every one nowadays :(

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess I could just sit in the truck and watch the blinkers on nights I cant sleep, which is about every one nowadays
Or when we wake up 3 times each night to take a piss huh, JK! Seriously though, you've been there before, "should I pull the trigger or find something cheaper", then you do find an alternative, and continue kicking yourself in the ass ever since. I've learned years ago, as I'm sure you have too, you buy the best you can afford at the time and you'll never be reticent about your decision.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Moonies are the ****! Especially when you bury that speedo, the back end lifts up so you can semi-accurately guesstimate your speed past 85.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
really, oh well huh. my temp/oil pressure side are not working at present for some reason, havent since I bought the truck a year ago. It has a Glow Shift 3 pod A pillar set up as for now to tell me whats up. Maybe I should get them working and shine it on

Pull the whole thing, take it apart and clean the contacts and reset the gauges. Some of mine were hit and miss but I did a full clean and reset when fixing the odometer and they all work great now. Almost pulled the trigger on updating mine to all LED and changing to red instead of green, but I live in an area where street lights are rare so I dim my dash way down to save night vision and LED’s dimming properly is really a crapshoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk