suggestions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h3ooo

Reaction score
So i have a 95 suburban thats SAS'd It has the 350tbi with a 4l60e in back. Just found out the intake manifold gasket is leaking so gonna replace that. I already did a full tuneup wires, cap, rotor, icm, fuel air filter, oil change, etc. Plan on keeping this truck a while so was looking at doing some modifications, looking to just increase mpg and free up some torque. I was either gonna drop some money into this motor, or look at buying a used 5.3 doing small maintenance and a cam on it and throwing it in. What would you do, main thing im looking for is fuel economy really. i know redundant on a sas suburban but anything helps. And as far as tires and gears, im running 38x15.5 with 4.56 gears right now, going to drop down to 35x12.50 and lower the truck a little just because its getting to tall

Terrible03

Reaction score
With that 4l60, you NEED to drop to 35's. Thats a lot weight for that trans. Keep the 350, just put the little extra money to keep it goin. Youll get better mileage in that heavy of a truck than with a 5.3. I used a torker2 intake, 454 tbi, and 65lb injectors in my truck, and it woke it up big time. Im an ebay fiend, and did it all for about 600. The injectors were over half of that budget.

h3ooo

Reaction score
ya i got a trade for this truck, and just did all the maintenance, lots of ghetto rigs that i had to replace or redo. Noticed the trans is in the beginning phase of slipping, was gonna pull a rebuild maybe put a higher stall in there.

h3ooo

Reaction score
lol, maybe..... i was planning to do the tranny over the winter,

h3ooo

Reaction score
o one more question, guy i got this from said it has vortec heads, now the egr is not hooked up, but i really dont trust him, i know its not a GMPP intake manifold, and looks like just a regular tbi manifold. are there any castings,stamps, i can go off of from the heads to verify?

Terrible03

Reaction score
Well if you're gonna pull the intake off, that there will show you. The ports are different shaped. Im not sure about exhaust ports. But you can look at the casting numbers and google them. They are located in the same spot, behind passenger side head, where its impossible to see while engine is in the truck. You can just pop off the valve covers and see how the rockers are set up. IIRC they are set up different from the old heads