Sub boxes for ex cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always forget about the dash speakers pre-95. I put some q logic kicker panels in mine so I could run another set of 6.5" in front, and then eliminated the back speakers altogether, I may put in a set of JL 4" in the back, but I'm afraid I might damage the trim... the kicker panels are available on crutch field for $200, but you'll probably have to modify them to fit a set of 6.5" in there with the grilles, and with them being right by your feet, you'll definitely want to install the grilles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Well here's what I want I want 2 10s because they will be easier to put under the seat I want an amp and subs that will be powerful enough to feel the bass from about 10 feet away pretty good but I also want good enough dash and back speakers where you can hear the words... I know almost all amps come with a bass remote so that helps a bit ... so I figure kenwood headunit I do like them. Power wise I want to have the amp and subs that can hit 2500 to 3000 if I turn it up enough... I enjoy pissing off the local cops lol.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Invest in quality subs and a quality monoblock amp. Quality subs will take the abuse while also allowing you to push way more than what they're rated for and a quality amp will actually produce the power it is rated for. Get a head unit that has independent subwoofer control.

You don't have to go with 10s you could just as easily go with 12s.

I have kicker KS 4x6 front and rear in my 93 along with 1 inch tweeters front and rear, love them. Wouldn't mind having some of the kick panel speakers though.

I only run 1200 rms which is 2400 watts to my two 12s but I keep the dB at -20 on the radio and usually zero on my knob unless I want to turn it up for fun. Usually never mess with the radio settings though.

Run a HPF on your dash and column speakers and run a LPF on your sub amp. Another good quality to have in a radio.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Invest in quality subs and a quality monoblock amp. Quality subs will take the abuse while also allowing you to push way more than what they're rated for and a quality amp will actually produce the power it is rated for. Get a head unit that has independent subwoofer control.

You don't have to go with 10s you could just as easily go with 12s.

I have kicker KS 4x6 front and rear in my 93 along with 1 inch tweeters front and rear, love them. Wouldn't mind having some of the kick panel speakers though.

I only run 1200 rms which is 2400 watts to my two 12s but I keep the dB at -20 on the radio and usually zero on my knob unless I want to turn it up for fun. Usually never mess with the radio settings though.

Run a HPF on your dash and column speakers and run a LPF on your sub amp. Another good quality to have in a radio.
Got any recommendations for the amp and sup set up? Any why do you say just go to 12s over 10s? 10s hit harder dont they

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Your setup 1200 rms is what I'd be looking for after fumbling around last night I could get the sound and power I want with a similar setup

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
10s generally have better bass response, while 12s generally have better sound output. These days the response time is negligible to the human ear, while the output is not. You'll be happier with 12s, the only reason I have a set of 10s in my car is because space is an issue, and the 10s i have hit hard.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
10s are tighter but lighter
12s are deeper but messier

There's not like a winner or anything just depends on what you like. I like 12s, a lot of people do.

Recommendations? Honestly Youtube is your friend. I like to stick to upperend companies. Ex NOT Pioneer, kicker, RF, stuff like that.
My rule of thumb is pick your subs find out how much RMS you'll need then add about 200-500 RMS depending on how high the value is and find an amp.

I like Amps that have a dB knob and not a power knob.

soniceletronix is a good website, they even rate amps if they push their true output or not. Prices may not always be the lowest but a good research tool nonetheless.
Crutchfield is good too but it seems like sometimes their product lines are.. lacking.

Reaction score
Call d and b sales in ft Wayne in they carry them and ship for around 130 I've bought 2 from them

I can find them for 99 to 06 and I know 95 is different under the back seat I want to find a dual 12 box that will fit under my back seat with out the subs sticking out and would be nice if one was found that the amp could be mounted in the center on the box I'm gonna be running 2 2500 watt power acoustic gothic series with there 2500 rzr amp Walmart stuff I know but it still sounds decent

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like crutchfield, but as mentioned above they don't carry everything, and they tend to not list things that fit with anything more than very slight modifications. As an example, I have a dodge caliber which fits 6x9s in all 4 doors, when I went to purchase my infinity Kappa 6x9s they were ADAMANT that they would not fit. It did take some modification, but they absolutely fit in the stock spot, with the stock speaker grilles. Other products say that it'll fit with modification, but not those speakers for some reason. I trust that when they say something will fit, but if you see something that "will not fit" I'd check the measurements from the manufacturer. To be fair, infinity also said they wouldn't fit, but I got the last laugh on that one lol. That being said, crutchfield has excellent customer service from my experience. Between them and my local shop, I have very little need to shop anywhere else, but I'll research on sites like sonic electronics

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crutchfield is great and the free install gear with most purchases is really nice, but their prices are consistently higher than pretty much anywhere else online. I use Crutchfield as a research tool regularly but usually end up buying from Amazon.