Sub boxes for ex cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd join a few of the car audio Facebook groups and see if you can find a local custom box builder to you. A low end, low power sub will sound better in an enclosure built to spec compared to a $1000 woofer in a cheap, mass produced box that has the wrong specs for the speaker.

I also think that you'd be better off with one single quality sub (Sundown, Wolfram, Soundqubed, even Skar's upper lines come to mind). A +/- 1200wrms sub can be had for a decent price, and if you can find somebody who knows what they're doing to make you a ported box, it should sound REALLY good. You also might go to them for recommendations on what equipment to buy, because, chances are they've been around the block or two when it comes to car audio and can point you in the right direction as far as your needs and wants goes.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s really hard to find clean underseat boxes. I’ve run mdf, MTX thunderforms, and JL stealthboxes. Of all, I like the JL boxes the best. It’s going to be really hard to fit 12s due to the floor curvature and air space. In all honesty, a good set of 10s will thump pretty damn good. I wish I had kept my dual JL stealthbox I had in college. I just have a single now.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any chance anyone know why the plastic bottomed seat would not work?
They probably push the limit on the word "fit" like most boxes that fit under or behind truck seats. This is merely a guess, I have no experience with the seats mentioned, or this box.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Those boxes usually offer a good bit of room vertically, don't see where the seat style would matter.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.ca/FidgetKute-Sierra-Custom-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B07TW4DMNZ

I have this enclosure, has good mounting depth, it's sealed, and seems to be really well built. The fit is amazing. How it performs will be a real test.

They make it in a single 10,12 and dual 10,12

The air space is .90cbft, I'm using an Alpine S-W10D4, They recommend a sealed enclosure with .58cbft air space, so I may stuff some foam in it.

HIFISOUNDCONNECTION was the first place I found it. Its a bit over priced for Canada but I'm pretty sure it's way cheaper than that.