Sub boxes for ex cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
I can find them for 99 to 06 and I know 95 is different under the back seat I want to find a dual 12 box that will fit under my back seat with out the subs sticking out and would be nice if one was found that the amp could be mounted in the center on the box I'm gonna be running 2 2500 watt power acoustic gothic series with there 2500 rzr amp Walmart stuff I know but it still sounds decent

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found an under seat box for these while I was looking, but I'd only recommend putting in shallow subs, if I were to recommend using the box at all. The subs you mentioned probably don't sound good anyway, they almost certainly won't sound very good in a box less than a cubic foot in volume. The amp you mentioned is a 2500 W 5 channel? Are you planning on running more power to the stock speakers? And the subs you posted look line they're rated for 1000 W, but you'll only be able to push 300 W to each of them through that amp, and that's IF it actually puts out the rated power. The subs don't really do a lot with the power they do receive. An efficiency rating of 83.6 is pretty low for 12" subs, you'd be better off with less power at a higher efficiency especially since you're not pushing them to their limits. Infinity makes a set of low profile subs that have a much higher efficiency of 92 and run much closer to the output of that amp. (250 W, and in my experience, infinity rates well under actual performance) I think you'd be happier getting entry level components from a more reputable brand, and if you're planning on going with a cheap amp, please make sure there's plenty of airflow, cheap amps are expensive fire starters if they can't breathe. If you are set on a 5 channel, alpine makes an inexpensive one that will push the subs I mentioned, and should be fine in a small space. I'd also recommend upgrading the stock speakers if you plan on pushing more power to them. I went with infinity Kappa and infinity primus 6.5" for the front, amped by a kicker 100x4, with a kicker L7 q-series 12" sub amped by a Kicker 900 monoblock. Yeah, it wasn't cheap, and no, it sure AF wouldn't fit under the back seat, but I probably get more out of that one sub than you would from those 2 subs and that amp. Just my opinion take it for what it's worth to you.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108REF120S/Infinity-REF1200S.html

https://www.hifisoundconnection.com...i0FVHL4d3KTGk0ERUIj0BsLw_cUDs5coaApX5EALw_wcB

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Ex...chevy+sub+box&qid=1551241769&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I'll just leave this here :cheers:. It's the same box @RawbDidIt posted but from amazon. Made by a company called American Sound Connection. I currently have this under my backseat. They offer dual 10 and dual 12 downfiring. I have seen a few upfiring but I would not recommend them as they would hit the bottom of the seats.
Also these boxes really need something to sit on to lift them up just a little for full clearance so I just put a few woodblocks under it. My amp for the subs is under the passenger seat, but could easily mount on the box if you wanted to do that.

Also would not recommend shallow mount... I am running two full size 2.5" magnet subs. They are amazing.
Don't understand the 5 channel idea maybe you can explain.. really need a mono for just the subs.
Like stated above don't cheap out on audio because they're all firehazards.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
No I got a pair of 2500 watt 12s and the amp is a 2 ohm 2500 wattim not sure on the depth of the subs though... I understand what you mean I burned up a 2000 volfenhagen 2 channel amp with one of my 12s and I always liked them had that amp for 6 years and a damn Walmart sub killed it... I wish I could find a diamond amp and 2 8s that would be more then enough and I've always had good diamond 10s

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Ex...chevy+sub+box&qid=1551241769&s=gateway&sr=8-4

I'll just leave this here :cheers:. It's the same box @RawbDidIt posted but from amazon. Made by a company called American Sound Connection. I currently have this under my backseat. They offer dual 10 and dual 12 downfiring. I have seen a few upfiring but I would not recommend them as they would hit the bottom of the seats.
Also these boxes really need something to sit on to lift them up just a little for full clearance so I just put a few woodblocks under it. My amp for the subs is under the passenger seat, but could easily mount on the box if you wanted to do that.

Also would not recommend shallow mount... I am running two full size 2.5" magnet subs. They are amazing.
Don't understand the 5 channel idea maybe you can explain.. really need a mono for just the subs.
Like stated above don't cheap out on audio because they're all firehazards.
What's the max depth you can run on that box? It looked tiny from the pictures, but have no actual experience with them, so I didn't want to recommend something that wouldn't fit, or would slap carpet lol.

I could only find one amp from power acoustik that runs at 2500 W, is it an older model or something?

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
What's the max depth you can run on that box? It looked tiny from the pictures, but have no actual experience with them, so I didn't want to recommend something that wouldn't fit, or would slap carpet lol.

I could only find one amp from power acoustik that runs at 2500 W, is it an older model or something?

That box is 6.5 inch mounting depth. My subs are 6.53 and I run a spacer. I've had that set up for years now.. Haven't had any problems.

No I got a pair of 2500 watt 12s and the amp is a 2 ohm 2500 wattim not sure on the depth of the subs though... I understand what you mean I burned up a 2000 volfenhagen 2 channel amp with one of my 12s and I always liked them had that amp for 6 years and a damn Walmart sub killed it... I wish I could find a diamond amp and 2 8s that would be more then enough and I've always had good diamond 10s

@2 ohms you're losing a lot of power for peak 2500 watt subs

Of course I'm assuming none of that is RMS which is the only wattage that even matters.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The site says they'll handle 1200W peak. I'm intrigued at how they sound at 1200W. They're only $60-75 each. Probably sound decent, just not as loud as a 500W sub with better efficiency.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
The one I got is 2500 peak and I paid 80 bucks for it. But after hearing everyone's opinions,I am going to not going to get cheap I'll probably go with a diamond setup for all 4 speakers and sub(s) ... what about head units? I got a out dated clarion only thing I like about it is the bluetooth option but I want something with xm satellite radio

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a kenwood Exelon in my truck, I like it, but it takes longer to connect to my inner than the Sony I have in my car. The kenwood has a better screen though. Both have Sirius connectivity, and both were within $5 if each other. The Sony is a GS 600 series, the kenwood is a KDC-X7. Overall, the kenwood is better in my opinion, but go to your local shop and see what you like better for feel and ease of use. If you're running power to your doors, don't go below 4v pre-outs, it's not that much more, and you get a lot better sound quality.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
I have a kenwood Exelon in my truck, I like it, but it takes longer to connect to my inner than the Sony I have in my car. The kenwood has a better screen though. Both have Sirius connectivity, and both were within $5 if each other. The Sony is a GS 600 series, the kenwood is a KDC-X7. Overall, the kenwood is better in my opinion, but go to your local shop and see what you like better for feel and ease of use. If you're running power to your doors, don't go below 4v pre-outs, it's not that much more, and you get a lot better sound quality.

My 92 dont have speakers in the doors and I'm eliminating the failing electric windows and locks so I got the 2 dash and two pillar speakers in the back