Stumbling/hesitation problem....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Could you see it arcing while it was running? A spark plug wire grounding out like that will surely cause what you described. I would hit a junkyard for those clips.

I didn't even have it running. I rigged it before I started it and then I took it for a ride and all was good.

Sent from Robl@and!

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've melted so many wires on headers and exhaust manifolds over the years. It shoulda been the very first thing I mentioned.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I've melted so many wires on headers and exhaust manifolds over the years. It shoulda been the very first thing I mentioned.

Yeah I think I might need a better set. They were new when I bought the truck, but the are starting to look like they are aging fast with the headers.

Sent from Robl@and!

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hard to find a functional set of wire looms to keep wires off of the headers. Most companies try to hard for bling instead of just being functional.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Ok so my problem came back, but only happens when it rains, but it is with the heater on at full blast.

The moisture tells me distributor cap, but why only with the heater on?

Sent from Robl@and!