stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have some 16.5 slot mag wheels that are 8 lug. Fairly wide, I think that there's 2 of one width and 2 more that are wider. In a corner of the shop, next weekend hopefully I can get to them and get pix and dimensions. Still working on getting to them and the PY0s. Dad had so much stuff; we've sold off a lot but still have some to go through. Are 16.5 tires still readily available?

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some 16.5 slot mag wheels that are 8 lug. Fairly wide, I think that there's 2 of one width and 2 more that are wider. In a corner of the shop, next weekend hopefully I can get to them and get pix and dimensions. Still working on getting to them and the PY0s. Dad had so much stuff; we've sold off a lot but still have some to go through. Are 16.5 tires still readily available?
I’m really not sure, i would think so. I know simpletire.com has a huge variety or tires most for great prices.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I’m really not sure, i would think so. I know simpletire.com has a huge variety or tires most for great prices.
OK cool I had heard they weren't available much since so much has gone to 16 or the bigger factory wheels. I don't think an 8 lugger is in my future, so I don't need to keep them. Dad was going to put 3/4 ton axle and front end under one of our square Burbs for hauling parts and paper, already had put the heavier leaf springs in it. But then he saw how crusty the truck was, and we got a heavy duty 3/4 ton Burb. Both are long gone, but I still have the FF axle and the front suspension. And 2 or 3 sets of 8 lug wheels, between the slot mags and the PY0s. Those are great wheels, you just can't run a ginormous tire on them. That's why their previous owner took them off his 800 2500 Burb.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Not too many companies make tires for the 16.5 rims anymore from what I've seen. I've only seen a few that make them for that rim size, but they're just mud tires unfortunately.