stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/gmc-3500-dully/6752554142.html

Can you take 20 minutes and clean up for the pictures before you ask $4k ? ... in the buyers eyes the pictures are representative of how the truck has been abused for the past few decades....gets my goat
"I have only made one trip with it" "I drive it for a living" Which one is it? It also drives me crazy when people post the same picture more than once. And when they post a screen shot. The pic is on your stupid phone for you to take the screen shot, why not just post the original pic?

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"I have only made one trip with it" "I drive it for a living" Which one is it? It also drives me crazy when people post the same picture more than once. And when they post a screen shot. The pic is on your stupid phone for you to take the screen shot, why not just post the original pic?

Poor pictures of the stuff is annoying. Cell phones don't cut it.
Take pictures with at least a 10 or 15 MP 10" tablet, or better yet an actual camera, if you want top dollar.
If it looks great when it's clean wash, vacuum, and wax it.
Take the pictures on a good bright sunny day.
It takes 40-50 pictures or maybe more to do it right.
Front, Rear, LH & RH from Front corners, LH & RH From rear corners, LH & RH straight on.
LH & RH seats and dash with opposite door closed. Rear doors open as well.
Dash from the RH & LH and the top to catch all the warts or how great it looks.
LH & RH footwells.
Both or all four door bottoms.
Both or all four door cards showing the controls and how worn the buttons, handles, knobs, etc are.
The SPID label making all RPO's legible along with the VIN so they can run a Carfax.
Each tire and each wheel... That's eight pictures at least.
Under the truck from the rear and from the front and maybe from the corners too so the inside of the C-Channel is visible.
Open the hood and take a pic straight on then LH & RH sides.
Catch the front edge of the hood underneath where it normally rusts.

The folks that can't be bothered to take their crap out of the cab and bed before they take pictures are quite annoying.
It's one thing if you're showing a specific modification on a fourm. You aren't trying to sell it so who cares if there's tools and crap on a towel on the floor or seat.
When it's being photographed for sale and they completely cover the seats and carpet with their crap and then try to tell me the interior is in great shape I roll my eyes.
Yeah? Great shape huh? I'm not superman and I don't have X-Ray vision.
More likely they took crap care of it and they're covering up the huge dents and rust in the bed, stains on the carpet, and torn/worn seats with deep butt grooves in the foam.

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I was him, I’d fix the transmission, clean the hell out of it and take some nice pictures. A set of OEM aluminum rims wouldn’t hurt, either. For a 1989 with 77k miles, he could probably get a decent amount if he put some effort into selling it.

Unless, of course, he beat the sh*t out of it once he got it and it’s trashed on the inside.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
@east302 that truck has problay been ragged out. Probably blew trans over revving it in a mud hole.
You can tell its a kid that owns it because all the “mods” he did was the radio and headlights.

+"20 in flakes" is mentioned, tells me it's a kid because I'm an old and would have to Google what"flakes" are... Probably about a $900 truck imo

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. If those are actual miles it's worth way more than 900

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Youre Probably right I am exaggerating (having fun) for grumpy old man effect, and I'm discounting value for the headache and the unknowns..its got no front bumper attached, it's bulldogging which means he's effed with the T-bars, hes burned up a tranny in less than 77k miles, mismatch wheels, 4 fuzzy pictures from across a field and no interior pics, the hood isn't closed completely in any pic, and it's sitting in front of a shack I wouldn't give him $5k for... just guessing but from the ad it looks like a **** salad and a soup sandwich