stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The grime on this truck just makes me like it and really want to rescue it, bummer is, it's super far out of the way.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-four-wheel-drive-truck/6661416472.html

You must be registered for see images attach

I lost the CL ad for this truck, but I also like it. Looks like it's been used and keeps on trucking.

You must be registered for see images attach

C'mon man take a trip over 36 haha. 299 is partially open now. Been seeing alot over in Humboldt

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

I like that one except for the running boards. My truck had running boards when I bought it, and they were installed "professionally" with lag screws into the rockers. I'm not sure if that's what the running board manufacturer specified, or not, but I was floored that someone would run lag bolts into the rockers of a brand new truck.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I like that one except for the running boards. My truck had running boards when I bought it, and they were installed "professionally" with lag screws into the rockers. I'm not sure if that's what the running board manufacturer specified, or not, but I was floored that someone would run lag bolts into the rockers of a brand new truck.

The Pee-Pap running boards on my truck were the same way, they just ran lag screws and bolts through the rockers.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score

Yep first thing I do when I buy an old timer truck is pull off the running boards. Currently on my 3rd iteration of that scenario. But if it has old man running boards it’s generally been taken care of.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yep first thing I do when I buy an old timer truck is pull off the running boards. Currently on my 3rd iteration of that scenario. But if it has old man running boards it’s generally been taken care of.

Mine wasn't old when I bought it.... only 6000 miles. I kind of, sort of, liked them when I first got the truck because I wasn't used to a fullsize truck, but then I saw how they were actually attached when one of them started to fall off. I don't even remember what I did with them. I think I gave them to someone. I didn't even try selling them I was so disgusted how they were installed.

The fastest thing to come off on a truck for me was the cap, on my first truck. My grandmother bought it for me, when I was in high school. It was an 81 Chevy LUV, with an aluminum cap that had leaves painted on the sides.... well sort of leaves. It looked like they used real leaves and sprayed over them to leave the outline if I remember right.