strange start up issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just started having this issue on my 96 Suburban.. drove the truck on a small road trip (2hrs). I cut the truck off for 5 minutes, come back to start it up and a loud pop and a puff of smoke came out from under the hood. I thought i popped the intake gaskets because the smoke seemed to be coming from that area. It smelled like burning oil. It started fine, no misses, not running hot, good oil level. I drove it a short distance to get gas. Cut truck off, went to leave and same thing, minus the puff of smoke. It isnt leaking anything either. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. It also has a new pcv valve.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Hmm that is odd...perhaps a bad bearing in the A/C compressor fan clutch? Seizing up after you stop and then being forced back into action? I'm not sure.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaking spider injection system. My neighbors nephew had the same thing happen except it was -22*F when it happened and it blew his upper intake manifold to pieces.

I would take the throttle body off and have a look around.

If it's not that I have no other ideas.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Leaking spider injection system. My neighbors nephew had the same thing happen except it was -22*F when it happened and it blew his upper intake manifold to pieces.

Ahh that would make sense.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

What all parts consist of the spider injection system? Where would it be leaking from?

What exactly should i be looking for when i take the throttle body off?