Stock fende flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the fit on the flares on my 97 when it was brand new wasn't worth a crap really.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock flares have a metal rail on them with studs that go in to all the fenders, I pulled some off a suburban at Spragues on Getty street (they have another set out there I think), but I pulled them off their rails. Re finished the flares spent a lot of money doing them myself (sandpaper, primer, dupli-color bed armor), then 3m double sided taped them on and they all looked like **** with gaps all around them.

I recommend getting aftermarket flares that are designed to stick on.
Ive got the Bushwacker OE style flares. Mounted with Screws on the lips of the fenders. Fit is really great. No gaps or waves
You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Quite a few people on here have gotten the flairs from ebay that are $140 for the set, they fit really well, i had them on my 96

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine fit ok but there are places where they are built up to sit on that metal rail that cause them to bulge some. You can't notice it until your up close though. You could also trim that off with an exacto knife an they should sit flat.

It would probably show up more if they had a gloss finish on them...

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have the Bushwacker OE style flares and I love them, when they were new in '98 they fit perfectly. Now they have a few extra screws in them to hold them tight.