Stereo adapter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back in the 90s when I put an aftermarket stereo into a GMT400, the only adapters available were flush with the dash and required either a fairly shallow head unit, or cutting a lot of stuff behind. All the latest adapters have the mount popped up off the dash a bit to give more room. I have a bunch of the latter, but I found a really shallow head unit i want to run and need to know where to find one of the old flush adapters. Anybody have one or know where to get one?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I have one of those already. I know it's a long shot, I figure I'll end up using the newer style. But thought I'd try and see if I could find one.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The early metra kit was available with and without the extension in one package. I may or may not still have one. It will take some digging to find it.

Btw the factory eq piece will work if you use a DIN radio without a trim ring and cage. I have a photo of a DIN pioneer eq in my 454SS dash many years ago. IIRC I just made a bracket to support it with the factory eq bracket and two small textured pieces of plastic glued to the inside of the OEM dash piece. Everything was behind the dash and I just squeezed the clips so it wasn't as tough to get the dash piece out.

I can look for the photo and scan it sometime soon.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
you could try crutchfield.com they sell tons of stereo accessories.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Tod, if you do happen to have one of the old kits, that'd be cool-shoot me a price.

Crutchfield only has the extended ones.