SSBC front brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eswarden

Reaction score
I did the SSBC twin piston front caliper upgrade on my 2 door 4wd Tahoe several years ago. The pads that came with the kit have finally worn out. Of course SSBC and Summit want over $150 for a set of pads. My question is has anyone here replaced them yet, and did you go back with SSBC pads, or did you go with a different brand? I think the pads are actually similar if not exactly like the stock pad for the single piston caliper. SSBC's part number is A1094, but some paperwork I found also shows a D-369 pad which is the stock pad number. I just can't see paying over $150 for a $30 set of pads. Any help is appreciated guys!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild guess: Plain ol' ordinary pads will work...AFTER you remove the anti-rattle clip from the pad that's intended to fit inside the piston.

This likely means you'll want some other method for keeping squeal to a minimum--perhaps a chemical goo painted on the backing plate, to take the place of the anti-rattle spring clip.

Maybe this stuff.

If you're only paying $30 for pads, you're probably buying bottom-feeder crap from China or India. Be careful.

I've been buying Performance Friction "Carbon Metallic" pads for my recent brake jobs. Made in USA (South Carolina)

Last edited:

eswarden

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I didn't mean to imply that I use cheap pads. Just that you can get them that cheap. I always buy high quality stuff, but $150 for a set of pads seemed ridiculous! Also, you mentioned the anti-rattle clip: The one that originally came with the new twin piston calipers is removable so I can reuse it on the new pads. I had forgotten about that so thank you for pointing that out. I really do appreciate the help brother!