squeaky noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
I'm not sure where exactly to post this but, I have a 98 ext cab Z71 and when I put my truck in reverse and back up with my wheels turned I hear a high pitched squeaky noise coming from my front end, and sometimes when im in drive and I take a turn I hear a high pitched squeaky noise ...any thoughts on what it could be that's making the noise?
Thanks

ancho

Reaction score
Initial thought is tires rubbing on something, lots of times rubbing only will happen in reverse, might be worth considering. Also, could be a CV joint starting to go bad.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Initial thought is tires rubbing on something, lots of times rubbing only will happen in reverse, might be worth considering. Also, could be a CV joint starting to go bad.

I have had 3 separate vehicles with tires that rub in various places (frame, fender, valence, bumper, swap bar, radius arm, etc.) none of them have ever made a squeaky sound.

Maybe your shocks are bad, or your hub could be bad causing the rotor to "tilt", for lack of a better word, and grind on the brakes.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
I have had 3 separate vehicles with tires that rub in various places (frame, fender, valence, bumper, swap bar, radius arm, etc.) none of them have ever made a squeaky sound.

Maybe your shocks are bad, or your hub could be bad causing the rotor to "tilt", for lack of a better word, and grind on the brakes.

I was thinking that or maybe a ball joint

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alignment, our truck does the same thing since we cranked it and dads truck did it when it was out of alignment

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
I don't have my version bars cranked at all and I just replaced my upper and lower ball joints last summer so I know it shouldn't be them. But when my buddy and I were doing my ball joints we messed up both hubs so I'm sure that's the problem. Thanks for the input!

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Well after we did the ball joints we were driving down the street and my abs light came on and I was like wtf lol so I took it to a shop for them to diagnose it, and they told me that the and sensor wire that goes into your hub got ripped out on both sides...I have no clue how because when we were doing the ball joints we had both hubs zip tied to the frame