Spinning Back THE DIAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
I just swapped a new motor and transmission and I wanted to fix the odometer bc my odometer was not working so i tried spinning it back but it didnt work as planned, i ended up busting it, so i bought a gauge cluster from a junkyard and i want to set it to 0.
its a 1992 k1500.
If anyone has any experience or know the trick to do it, please let chime in! Thanks

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its easy as pie my friend. mike has a whole posting with pics on how to do it too. so ill try to find it.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, the thread is kind of vague on how to spin the numbers, do you go clockwise and spin it over to 0? or backwards to 0? When i tried to spin back mine i held the pins and put a drill to the bar that goes across and tried winding it over to 0000000 but somehow the pin clicked over a number and it went all bad from there.

So what im saying is for me the hard part was holding the pins at the bottom while turning it, because it felt like it was going to take for ever to get to 0.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
haha.. maybe... No im just kidding, the truck is starting a new life, 6 liter and 4l80e.
But seriously, does anyone know a fool proof way of doing this?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry i have not been on in a really long time to respond. i got a dial out of the junkyard and played with it till i got it. if i remember right you need to pull the white strip off the back and with out touching the numbers on the dial spin the clips clockwize from right to left.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo