Spider Injector Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB Truck

Reaction score
Get the Standard Motor one off Rockauto. Its $287 currently. Last time I had the Standard Products one in my hand a year or so ago it was the GM one. The Standard Products power window switches I ordered for my Express van were the OEM GM ones. The Standard Products 6.2L Ford injectors I put in my Marine intake on my Express van were OEM Ford. They ground the FoMoCo logo off most of them, but missed a couple of them. Standard Products reboxes other manufacturers parts and many are OEM. My coworker scored an OEM Mitsubishi IAC for his Evo through Standard Products as well. The one claiming Standard Products spider was inferior has probably never held one in his own hands to realize it is the OEM part or atleast was a year ago. I personally would not lose any sleep using the Standard Products spider, the one I installed in my friends Yukon a year ago is still going strong.

You must be registered for see images attach
Cool Thx !

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Delphi/Delco should come with the bracket , bracket bolt and gaskets (TB, upper intake gasket and the gasket around the injector body where it goes through the intake).

There are also two o-rings on the fuel lines at the fittings at the firewall. I’ve always replaced the injectors when doing the lower intake, so I’m not sure if you’d have to disconnect it there or not if only pulling the upper.

MB Truck

Reaction score
The Delphi/Delco should come with the bracket , bracket bolt and gaskets (TB, upper intake gasket and the gasket around the injector body where it goes through the intake).

There are also two o-rings on the fuel lines at the fittings at the firewall. I’ve always replaced the injectors when doing the lower intake, so I’m not sure if you’d have to disconnect it there or not if only pulling the upper.
Thx

I am going to order the Standard kit and see if its the same as Delco and save a few $$.

MB Truck

Reaction score
So I changed the spider unit with a standard unit from rock auto. Now I have a misfire on Cylinder #2 after I changed it. Check plug and wires and everything is good. Don’t see much choice but to pull it all back apart and try to see if something did not install correctly?? Ideas ?

MB Truck

Reaction score
So I changed the spider unit with a standard unit from rock auto. Now I have a misfire on Cylinder #2 after I changed it. Check plug and wires and everything is good. Don’t see much choice but to pull it all back apart and try to see if something did not install correctly?? Ideas ?
I got it. Pin was bent on spider harness plug. Self inflicted problem!

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wha else did you need to buy? Gasket kit, bracket?

A friend installed a SMP spider several years ago, no problems I'm aware of. The SMP spider on RockAuto seems to be the newer multi port style, in the past the SMP spiders were the original style sequential port.

In either case changing the fuel filter every 15k and running Top Tier gas they both last a long time.