Speaker Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol bump meant to like bring it up for people to see in the new posts in hope to get answers not related to how I wanted the speakers haha

I know, referring to a "bumpin'" system. Not a fan of going big, just sounding good. It's tough but doable with a single cab, but I also have never liked the aftermarket kick panel or overhead speaker mounting rigs...

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was considering the headliner because it was different and looked cool and gave a custom look over the stock looking headliners. what do you suggest for speakers though... I want nice but not the ones that cost an arm and a leg...its a regular cab so I shouldnt need that high of a wattage speaker right? what if i kept the speakers in the headliner and ran them with the improved 4 speakers, or would that sound like utter garbage?

They do look cool IMO as well, but sewlow is right, the speaker placement and the speakers in it are absolute garbage. Trying to put a decent set of aftermarket speakers in it is pointless as well as they simply will not fit. The magnets would be touching metal and given how the headliner is mounted in our trucks, even if you did shoehorn them in, it would still rattle like hell and generally sound like garbage.
Personally I think your best option would be to replace your stock speakers with some good Alpine or Infinity 4X6s or 4X6 in the rear with some component or 2 ways either in the door or kick panels.
I'm currently running Alpine 4X6s in the stock locations powered by their inline KTP-445U amp and a separate mono amp powering an 8" sub under the drivers side of the rear seat. The sound is great and loud if I want, can definitely feel the bass drum but still do not annoy the living hell out of all those around me. Do not listen to any kind of rap or hip-hop so I can not comment on how that distortion, I mean bass, they use sounds.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any tweeters or anything I can replace the speakers with? I'm tempted to either not bug the speakers in and run the 4 upgraded speakers or replace the small ones with something useful and still run the upgraded speakers... I like the look of the headliner.... says he went above and beyond and gives it a custom and bad ass too :D