Spark Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well yesterday I was towing dads 2000 pound tool box in my 1997 C1500 5.7 and I was trying to keep it from shifting or unlocking the torque converter to keep tranny temp down so I would lug it up hills at 60 mph and the engine would spark rattle very noticeably and on the way back it would do the same thing not as loud as when i was towing but still noticeable when i hit the gas to maintain speed going up a hill also it does it at WOT because I was trying to clear it out which did not help

I also replaced the Plug's ,Wires,Cap, and rotor

Thanks in advanced for any help

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or get better gas. If I get gas a Cassey's I'll hear it knock from small hills. If I go to any other station, no knock, and that's with 87 octane.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or get better gas. If I get gas a Cassey's I'll hear it knock from small hills. If I go to any other station, no knock, and that's with 87 octane.

I never get cheap low quality gas and it still spark rattles i think i'm going to try GM top engine clean or seafoam and go from there unless someone has a better idea

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
while on this topic what is the static CR of these motors anyways.