spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bplayer405

Reaction score
I used to manage a auto repair facility and had many instances where copper or platinum core plugs would barely work on 4, 6 and 8 cylinder GM engines with fuel injection, cause multiple cylinder misfires either from the start or once warmed up. We learned the hard way that cheaping out on GM ignition is not the way to go. Its designed to run premium parts from the factory. Cheap anything will not last long and possibly not run right. Put in what you pull out is what I say. There's a reason they use those parts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do believe you got ALL the goody out of that original set. That plug ceased to be iridium tipped at least 30k miles prior. Looks like a good running plug short of all the wear. Had a 4.7L Durango come into the shop years ago with a slight misfire under load. Turns out the OE copper Champions were still there at 130k miles, and worn such that the center electrode was recessed into the insulator. Hell of an ignition system on that engine to still fire that plug reliably, as the gap had to be in the .100 range.
Years ago I put an MSD ignition on my RX-7. It ran smoother, made good torque, and got better mileage. The downside was I had to change plugs religiously, and every time the electrodes were eaten down to a nub.