Spark plug gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What spark plug gap do you guy's use? The spec is .060" on both my boat and the burb but i just had a Ac Delco cap go bad on me after 12,000 miles with a miss fire on cyl #5. I have the Billet distributor with everything else being AcDelco except the plugs (Autolite copper) put them in a while ago before i new about the crap ignition parts out there but they seem to be working fine.In my research there looks to be a TSB changing the spec from .060" to .040" to help the ignition components last longer is this true? If i change them out i would like to go with the AcDelco 41-993 iridium which are the ones in my boat and according to Rockauto there gaped at .060". I thought these ignition components were supposed to go 100,000. Right now its running on the cap that came with the Billet distributor that has brass terminals made by who the hell knows.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At least a year and a motor size would help us help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk