Source for factory or replacement seat bases?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtball

Reaction score
When I looked at my 88 C3500 dually I fell in love. Fresh paint, 454, nice interior. The exception: when I drove it home, I felt like I was sitting low. Well, I guess so, since it has no seat bases. Yep, the rails are bolted to the floor.

Is there any source for replacement bases? I see that LMC has some that require assembly, but they don't look anything like the factory bases that I have seen. I don't mind using them or paying what feels like a lot of money for them if they will work.

I have the buckets with the center console.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set with tracks for sale, but I don't know if they are the right ones for an '88? They are from a '94 and look like the ones in my '90.

Dirtball

Reaction score
" Yep, the rails are bolted to the floor."
So there's no bases at all?
Wow. You must sit r-e-a-l-l-y low! Got pix?

Sorry, been off on a V-day trip... yes, sitting low, but I'm tall, so it helps. I'll take a couple of pics this PM when we get back home.

Dirtball

Reaction score
I have a set with tracks for sale, but I don't know if they are the right ones for an '88? They are from a '94 and look like the ones in my '90.

I'm interested! They are from a bucket seat truck, right? Not the split bench? Let me do some research when I get back from a weekend with the wife. Thanks!

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm interested! They are from a bucket seat truck, right? Not the split bench? Let me do some research when I get back from a weekend with the wife. Thanks!

Yep. I posted an ad here a few days ago.

I also want to mention that I'm really not trying to push a sale. I don't want to be a new guy that gets just enough posts to pedal his used stuff, lol.

brningdawn

Reaction score
I'm not positive if your truck is the same. I have a 91 and two 92 1500 trucks. Bench and buckets. I've been able to grab a couple of extra sets for my own projects at pullapart in okc. If you have one near you they should be easy to find. Lqk self service would work too.

Dirtball

Reaction score
I'm not positive if your truck is the same. I have a 91 and two 92 1500 trucks. Bench and buckets. I've been able to grab a couple of extra sets for my own projects at pullapart in okc. If you have one near you they should be easy to find. Lqk self service would work too.

Our local Pull-a-part has two early 90s extended cabs with buckets. I just haven't had a chance to get by there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody really really tall must have owned that truck. You should be able to get two pairs of seat bases at most any junkyard and just bolt the seats right on.

Be sure and let us know how this turns out. It is an interesting situation.

Dirtball

Reaction score
Somebody really really tall must have owned that truck. You should be able to get two pairs of seat bases at most any junkyard and just bolt the seats right on.

Be sure and let us know how this turns out. It is an interesting situation.

I will! I HATE it when folks leave a thread unfinished.