something to disolve rust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tried evaporust from autzone, stuff sucks, barely did anything. Left parts in it over night, did barely anything noticeable.

IMO it sucks, it removes the same as a brillo pad, seems like. Light surface rust.

heavier rust NO.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Turtle Wax chrome polish..cheap as all hell and takes rust off like a dream, depending on how seated it is.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Heavy rust must be sanded out, no way around it, then it will come back. Got any pics of how bad it is?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope gonna get some later, it's bad, but it's not getting sanded it's on chrome and it's not getting painted, I may sand some, but most likely going to clear coat to lock it in somewhat and use some chrome strips to cover it or something.

As for naval jelly, going to try it for sure.

turtle wax chrome, never had ANY luck with it, I use mothers and it works great, but this is too heavy for wax to remove.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here's what I'm up againist.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
thats rough, I would say sand a small spot and see what you get then clear over it. There are paints that you can buy that give a chrome look, not sure if they are any good or not though, just something i saw one day.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
CLR will mess up chrome if left on it make sure and rinse it off good. Might try some rubbing compound.