Some electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to get my truck back to good running order and got a few things left.

1. My windshield wipers don't work. I'm hearing the circuit board on the motor itself is maybe the first place to start?

2. My truck came with no box and no tail light wiring harness, all the wiring for the towing hooks was butchered. So I'm starting with the basics, trying to get a licence plate light. Or even towing hook ups, any pictures would be great here.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
try tapping on the circuit board to see if the wipers turn on, most of the time they will and save you time trouble shooting

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
try tapping on the circuit board to see if the wipers turn on, most of the time they will and save you time trouble shooting

and if it is the board.

1. You can go purchase a new one, Dorman Products (Help Section) carrys them
2. Solder up the joints that have broken.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well just went out and turned them on then tapped the board and they worked instantly, so problem solved there. Now to figure out licence plate wiring / lights.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another issue I been noticing. Last night I came home from work, turned off the truck and the lights, started heading inside when I noticed my back passenger side tail light was on. I opened the truck back up and pulled up lightly on the brake pedal and it turned off. Anytime I touch the brakes I have to put my foot under the pedal and tap it up to get that to turn off, any ideas?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a brake light switch attached to the brake pedal but it is up under the dash. Sounds like it needs a little adjusting, as long as the pedal is coming back to the top of its travel.

For licence plate lights, just go to a junk yard and get the little harness, it just plugs into the main harness.