New Tow mirrors feel weak/ slop in the (( fold hinge ))

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Qc issue with tow mirror
Folding hinge ( tension) ..
So I just put on a 90$ set of nicely rated Amazon tow mirrors with the good extra (Support brackets ) that most don’t come with .

The mirrors are rock solid bolted to the door pillar , that part is “fine “ as far as mounting right and tight . They are 90% like-able , but… I mean the folding hinge (section) has a loose wobble at the hinges… if that’s what you wanna call them.
Where it sits in position Not folded there seems to be like 1/4-1/2” slop in the hinge that folds them , as if you press or lightly touch them they have play
I don’t know if every set out there does this ..
I guess this question goes two ways ..
Can these type of tow mirrors be tightened at the folding hinge for firmer tension as an additional diy fix?

Has Anyone ever got under the Plastic Housings to look at adjustment options For the folding tension

And anyone with the supposed better trail ridge brand , do they too have play at the folding section of the mirrors (Not the glass)

I wonder if manual adjustment glass tends to be firmer on the pivot points then power mirrors ? In terms of vibrations and whatnot ?
The arrows showing where the play is at the folding hinged portion of the mirrors arms
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: