So reverse is kinda messed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demetrio bazan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So every time I shift into reverse for the past 3 days it makes a strange sound as if the oil pan or rear differential or the exhaust hits the floor. I know it is none of these because it also happened at the Walmart parking lot which is a flat surface. The truck has around 295,000 miles and it's on the original engine/transmission/driveshaft/rear differential.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could be several things, including U joints. You need to get it up off of the ground, and have a friend, girl friend, wife, you mom dad anyone put it in reverse while you under the truck looking at what is going on. Be sure to stay away from anything that rotates while you under there. A set of jack stands under the rear end axel tubes where the tires are off of the ground is what you need before you get under the truck. Nice
truck by the way.

demetrio bazan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be several things, including U joints. You need to get it up off of the ground, and have a friend, girl friend, wife, you mom dad anyone put it in reverse while you under the truck looking at what is going on. Be sure to stay away from anything that rotates while you under there. A set of jack stands under the rear end axel tubes where the tires are off of the ground is what you need before you get under the truck. Nice
truck by the way.
Thx man, I took it in with my dad's friend and he fixed the issue