So, apparently not all 88-94 doors are the same...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been restoring my 1988 RCSB, and just finished painting the cab. I stripped the doors down to the bare shell with the intention of replacing all the 30 year old, worn out components. I ordered a set of window run channels from LMC truck, and quickly realized they weren't going to fit when I went to install them yesterday. I did a little digging, and sure enough, there was a change to the doors in 9/87 (mine was manufactured 8/87). So, now I'm stuck using my 30 year old rubber window runs, because no one makes them anymore. And the window glass doesn't interchange either. I'm seriously thinking I should just buy a newer set of doors. Are there any other nuisances to the early production 1988's that I should know about?

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
post pics please.

Well, I didn't take any pics, but I did some creative re-engineering with a razor blade tonight, and they're in the door now. The problem was at the top rear corner and the whole section down by the mirror mounting area. I still have no idea why the glass doesn't interchange. It looks like any other gmt-400 window glass to me.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing that stands out to me about the doors is right below the latch where there is usually a little removable plastic louver panel, on my 88 the louvers are just punched straight into the sheet metal. I had to trim over 1/2" down around the mirrors. I'm planning on 95-up mirrors, so I hope they fit when I get them.