Slow cclb 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 96 Crew cab long bed 3500 1 ton. I just did a vortec swap and it is still slow!! I was thinking about getting a CCSB 1500 instead . Everything seems to be a lot easier and cheaper to do.What do you think??

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have owned several CCLB 1 ton's with 350's and they get decent mpg's but yes they are slow, and unless you added some major power adder or did an engine swap to a more powerful engine then it's alway's going to be slow, they are really heavy, now don't get me wrong there are way's to make them faster but in stock form now way, I hope to buy another CCLB soon for a new work truck.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
only none slow cclb truck i have seen was my cousins dually cummins... making about 550 hp and a crap load of torque :) and maybe dale gribble (i think thats how it is can't remember off the top of my head) but its a cclb, if you bought it for speed you should have your head checked

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ draggin95 I feel you !! Do you want to buy it?? I want another members truck on here its a CCSB 1500 easier to lower and more options...
@ Ndians68 No I didnt buy it for speed but I want it to be a to get up and move..

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I had the spare cash but there's no way right now that I could, just too many iron's in the fire for me.

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a CCSB I would love to trade. HEHE...... I am on a mission to get a CCSB..

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to get rid of my 1 ton and get me a CCSB!!! Remember I have a 1 ton!

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get a 1-ton crew to move out. Just requires some $$$. My truck was a dog too. Just took gears, a supercharger and a good tune and now it has an almost 8 second 0-60 on 37s. What Vortec did you swap in?